The pursuit of enhancing your physical beauty has become increasingly mainstream. Many people aspire to achieve their dream bodies, but the amount of confusing data out there is crippling. Let us tell you, it isn’t too tough, and achieving your desired body shape and appearance is comparatively more accessible than a few years back if you have the correct vetted information! Popular surgical cosmetic procedures like BBL and liposuction are safe and viable body contouring options in the right experienced hands.
While it is important to embrace your natural beauty and love your body as it is, there is nothing wrong with choosing to fine-tune and enhance some features to feel more confident. The catch is to explore your options with an experienced and skilled board-certified physician who can help you achieve your body transformation goals.
Top Cosmetic Physician Beautifiers Talk about Liposuction and BBL
If you are actively looking to reshape your body, liposuction and BBL are among the top choices for many people. These cosmetic surgical procedures can help you get a more proportionate and sculpted look. Let us review two of the top body contouring cosmetic procedures: Liposuction and the Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL).
All About Lipo
- What is liposuction? Traditional liposuction is a surgical procedure designed to remove excess fat deposits from specific areas of the body, such as the abdomen, thighs, hips, arms, or neck.
- How is liposuction performed? It is typically performed under general anesthesia or local anesthesia with sedation. The surgeon makes small incisions near the targeted areas and uses a suction device to remove the fat cells.
- Who is a candidate for liposuction? You are a good fit for the procedure if you wish to reduce large excess fat deposits in certain body parts and are generally healthy.
- Are there other types of lipo? Today, there are also other liposuction techniques that use lasers. Laser-assisted liposuction melts the targeted fat which then can be removed with gentle suctioning. The tissue around the area also tightens.
Do you want to learn more about liposuction? Listen to Dr. Sheila Bond’s Liposuction podcast.
All About BBL
- What is a BBL? BBL, or the Brazilian Butt Lift (gluteal fat grafting), is an aesthetic fat transfer procedure that utilizes your body’s own fat to contour the buttocks to add volume and projection to. It creates a curvier and contoured posterior.
- How is BBL performed? It is typically performed under general anesthesia or IV sedation and local anesthesia. The surgeon will remove the fat from a previously specified zone via liposuction. The fat is then purified and prepared to transfer into the buttocks. The extracted and purified fat is injected into the buttocks to increase the size and improve the shape.
- Who is a candidate for BBL? While it is completely understandable that you may want to look your best, what it requires, whether you are a candidate, and how to prepare yourself would need expert advice. BBL surgeries are best performed by highly-qualified plastic surgeons.
Do you want to learn more about BBL? Listen to Dr. Samir Shah’s BBL podcast.
Things To Keep In Mind
Remember, depending on what you wish your body to look like, there are various surgical procedures available that offer optimal results when performed by board-certified cosmetic/ plastic surgeons.
Also, there is a pendulum shift occurring in 2023. People are looking to achieve subtle and natural-looking changes rather than the ‘bigger is better’ outlook of the past few years. Check out this article that discusses the plastic surgery trends for 2023 and how we are leaning toward the minimal.
Lastly, cosmetic body contouring procedures like liposuction and BBL are not substitutes for a healthy lifestyle. You may or may not require additional treatments to be a good candidate for these procedures. In fact, you may not even be a candidate if your health or weight is an issue. Maintaining a balanced diet and regular exercise regimen is essential for long-term body health and fitness.
Talk to an Expert Today For More Information
If you are looking to tone and transform your body, consult a board-certified plastic surgeon who specializes in body contouring methods and can combine treatments if needed for safe and realistic results.